Monday, February 26, 2007

Day 163- QUICKY UPDATE FOR WEEK 23

Hey guys! I am in Buenos Aires, Argentina right now (see map at right of South America, with relation to Santiago Chile), and will be here until Wednesday, February 28, so when I return to Santiago and get myself unpacked and somewhat reorganized, I will be updating my blog and pictures then. So check back probably somewhere around Thursday or so, I am thinking.

Just a little update for now... The Thurstons all finished their integridad.com staff retiro (retreat) this weekend, and I flew into B.A. on Friday. It is so muggy and humid here, and we have had some thunder and lightning storms, with a downpour last night even! Things have been really fun since I have been living with a friend from high school, Britney Maloney, who is studying abroad with Pepperdine University here in B.A. It is fabulous to be around college students and kids who are closer to my age. Plus, I saved all my just-for-fun shopping until I came here to Argentina, since the clothing and shoes, especially leather, are SO much cheaper over here! The jewelry is great too. Seeing the sights of another South American city is wonderful, and spending time going out and about shopping, socializing, and just generally having vacation time is really relaxing, even though I have seriously lost about five pounds because of the heat (and yes, FYI, I have been drinking TONS of water... even more than my normal 2-3 liters of water a day).

That is really all for now, seeing as we are heading out again in a little bit, but I will give a full and more detailed, interesting update when I return.

No comments: